31 January 2007

Ahhh...Beautiful.

In celebration of Isabelle's upcoming wedding, this past weekend I packed my bags and headed west. Over the pacific and down to the beautiful island of Kauai. From the moment I arrived I was in awe; the air smelled different, the sky was blue, the mountains were green, and there were chickens at the airport.


I realized later that the chickens were actually roosters that crowed from dawn until dusk. Not really a complaint, just a charming addition to the trip...and what a charming trip it was.

The Mermaid Cottage

We decided to throw all plans in the garbage and just discover where the road took us. So each day, we left the Mermaid Cottage (a.k.a. Isabelle's Aunt & Uncle's house) and got blissfully lost on Kauai. It was just so beautiful that I, who am usually attached to my camera, couldn't be distracted by photo ops. I didn't get that many pictures, but here are a few I did manage to capture...
Secret Beach

Shores of Hanalei

Emma, Jessica, & Isabelle - Hanalei Beach

Hanalei Beach - after the massage...hmmmmm

Our beach dog, "Ike." No, we didn't name her.

Dinner at the Princeville Hotel - Isabelle & I

Jess getting cozy with the locals at Tahiti Nui

After breakfast, my last morning in Kauai

Farewell Drinks at the Princeville Hotel

Iz & I, say goodbye

Beautiful.

Aloha & Maholo!

2 comments:

Abi T. said...

SO jealous... Calgon, take me away!

n/a said...

ok... i was wondering where you were! 15 days with out blogging made me a little nervous!

looks like you had a great time in paradise.