I recently started a new job in the heart of Beverly Hills on Wilshire and Beverly. I decided that I would take advantage of the perfect weather and acclamate myself to my new surroundings, and suprisingly I picked up quite a lot of new information.
Today I learned...
...that tourists take pictures of random things; when you get back home to Boise are you really going to be glad you took a picture of the Ralph Lauren store?
...that the window displays at Cartier and Harry Winston are hypnotic...that's some voodoo they do.
...that certain men feel that it is acceptable to wear head to toe skin tight denim with a matching cowboy hat (in denim of course).
...that people actually drive around in Rolls Royce's without a hint of irony.
...that the simpler the window display, the more expensive the store.
...that my favorite thing about this city is the diagonal crosswalk...GENIUS!
...that "coming soon" will be three Pinkberry's within four blocks of me...my once hidden treasure has become trendy.
...that my rooftop parking spot has an amazing view of the city...making the additional ten minutes it takes to get into my office well worth it.
...that tricked-out, two-tone, t-top Masseratis are actually cool...at least that's what they kept telling me.
...that parking in Beverly Hills is really hard...so much so that it causes 2 people with the combined total of $300,000+ in cars to yell and scream like a bunch of wild monkeys.
...that pushing a lit elevator button makes you twice as likely to get to the floor you want.
...that saying "I'm still at lunch," is grounds for letting the phone go to voice mail while you finish writing your blog.
I'd say it was a pretty successful lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sometimes in private i push the elevator button incessantly... when im in an elevator with people i only push it once.
if someone in the elevator pushes their floor more than once, i quietly judge them.
Post a Comment