17 September 2006
Mourning the loss.
I feel like it was just yesterday when they were with me. We'd grown up together...I don't know what happened. No one ever talks about the dangers, it's all happy healthy talk until you're blindsided getting dressed one Friday night and things aren't what they used to be. All you hear about are the benefits of diet and exercise, well what about the victims? Yeah, the victims, the breasts...what about them? What...about...them?!?! I knew with all the running that my jeans would fit better, that I'd have more energy and less stress, but I wasn't expecting this. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Almost the last thing I did was complain about them; how they made finding clothes so much more difficult and don't get me started on bathing suits...let's just say that line between sexy and skanky was very small. I used to think that they were a burden, now I see that they were a blessing...a gift. It's funny how hindsight can be so cruel. I wonder if they're happy, if they've gone to a better place. I like to think that maybe they packed their bags and went San Francisco to hang out with the beatniks and poets. That'd be nice...yeah, that'd be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahaha!!!!!
yes i hope they are hanging out with the beatniks too! maybe sporting a beret and thinking about times past.
I hear you, Yehts. This is one of the rarely mentioned side effects of nursing, too. Then, you throw running on top of that... let's just say the girls and my knees have gotten pretty well acquainted!!
Was it worth it? OF COURSE, but there are still those days (and outfits) when I miss my friends.
Yeah, I'm mourning the loss alright... MOURNING THE LOSS OF UPDATES ON YOUR BLOG... WHAT'S UP?!?!?!
WHERE ARE YOU???
I know that there are 20 thoughts a day churning and turning in that beautiful mind of yours - thoughts that are DYING to find their way back to cyberspace.
Come back... Jack, come back...
Post a Comment