"Well you've finally opened the letter, year and years from when it was written. I hope it finds you in good standing...There are so many questions I have about my future...you in the present are my answer"
I won't go into detail about the contents of this letter, but I will say that there is something profound about hearing what you wanted first hand. To see where you were versus where you are...to remember the things you thought you'd never forget.
"I go through the motions everyday...if any of this sounds familiar to you, then please--DO SOMETHING."
Some things are different; some things are the same. It was a good reflection, a good reminder, a good motivator. I look forward to checking back in with myself in another 5 years.
3 comments:
wow, Folayo. That's awesome.
i opened a letter like that from myself... it said that at 30 years old i should be driving a black jaguar and married to a man with sun bleached hair.
im officially going into folayo withdrawls!
u and abi must have started another secret blogs somewhere else.
Post a Comment