Tonight I headed to Sony to catch a screening of Brick Lane, the story of a woman from Bangladesh who is forced to leave home and get married after the death of her mother.

I'd never heard of the film so I wasn't quite sure what to expect and when I arrived at the screening and found myself alone in the theater I genuinely thought about going home, or catching the screening of The Counterfeiters in the next room.
***
Though there was no one to my left...
and no one to my right...
Though it was just me...

I stayed, and I couldn't be happier that I did.
***
The story was endearing, the film was beautifully shot, and the performances were stellar. I can absolutely say that Brick Lane has been added to the list of movies that I love...and I recommend... no, I insist that you see it. It may be a little tricky to find, but it will be well worth the search.
4 comments:
I just added that to my Netflix queue but I hope to see it before then.
When are you heading to the OC for a visit??
ok i lied. I was GOING TO add it to my Netflix queue but it wasn't available!! Bummer.
Yeah, it's a new movie...I'm not sure if it's been released yet. As far as a visit...I'll come down whenever!!
I like ending up in a theater alone or almost alone. It makes me feel like on MTV cribs except for the lack of carpet replaced by sticky vinyl!
Post a Comment