I'm a bit of a jumper.
I jump around and try things on, looking for something that fits. I think some would describe me as a wanderer. I think I would call myself more of a searcher. Wanderers are just out and about exploring. Searchers are actively trying to find something. I'm actively looking - "the what" often eludes me, but I know I'll know what it is I was looking for once I've found it.
I quit my new job. It's been a while since I've popped around employment wise, but this was like walking around in a pair of jeans that just didn't quite fit. They look good from the front left, but every other angle was king of a mess. And, it wasn't the jeans fault, I just have awkward measurements and this was a sample size. In honesty, I would have walked around in these ill-fitting jeans for some time - it's better than being pant less - but I found a new pair of jeans. Mind you, these jeans haven't been road-tested, but the view from within the store looked really good, and I'm excited to slip them on and go walking around in them.
I'm not going to tell you anything about the new jeans/new job, but to say that they're definitely more my color, and the cuts are more suited to my frame.
This quest has me wondering, though. New city, new job...new job. When does the searching end, and the finding begin. I'd love to say that this search started when I moved to New York, but I'm not sure I know a time when I wasn't looking. It was this search that brought me to New York in the first place... no stone left unturned. I wonder if it ever goes away? I wonder if I would even want it to. How boring things might be, if I could categorically say that I'd found what I was looking for.
I guess enjoying it, would just be a bit too easy.
...but then, trends are always changing. So maybe it's not the search for the one perfect pair, but instead the perfect pair for the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment