
It's' been a long time since I've visited my blog let alone taken the time to write anything down. My life has taken a great many twists since my last "year in review," especially given that they review was more than two years ago.
I don't really know why I haven't written. There has been plenty of random thoughts popping into my mind - some more profound than others. I've had my share of highs and lows. I think that maybe I just wasn't ready to commit anything to paper. I wasn't ready to put myself out into the ether for the near six, seven people who read/read (reed/red) this blog. But, the truth is, I like this collection of memories. I like looking back, seeing where I was, and sharing where I am.
Today, I am in New York. I am in the middle of my fourth month as a resident of the isle of Manhattan. An impromptu decision, that was twenty years in the making. On July 16, I decided I was moving to New York, and on September 2 I arrived in the city with two suitcases, a job, and no place to live. I won't go into detail about the the horrific experience that is finding a place to live in Manhattan, but my month-long foray into homelessness is not something I would wish on anyone. It's not so bad though - I'm not homeless anymore. I have an address - and a roommate, but an address nonetheless.
They say "leap, and the net will appear." Well, I leapt, and though I haven't hit the ground, I'm still waiting for that elusive net to show up. That's really what these last couple years have been about for me, searching, taking risks, and making the leap when the wind is right. It doesn't always go so well and some days I'm tempted to revoke my own decision making privileges, but other days I get a flash - a glimpse of what could be in front of me, and so I stay...uncomfortable, jumping, looking... leaping.Free fall can be a scary thing, but there's also something liberating about it.
So, I'm back. Ready to commit this journey to the page.
No comments:
Post a Comment