19 December 2006

A little shelter from the storm.

I was out to dinner in Santa Monica last night and when I came out I noticed a group of people sleeping across the street. The walk from the restaurant to my car was probably less than five minutes, but I was freezing. That's when it hit me; these people were sleeping outside. It's not summer and this wasn't the beach, and it's only going to get colder. It's times like these, especially around the holidays, that I am reminded how blessed I am...I have a home to sleep in, and a space heater next to my bed. While I'm not able to give anyone a home, I am able to give an old jacket, or a blanket, and there are shelters in every city and every state that would welcome and appreciate these items.

Just something to think about; it is Christmas, after all.

1 comment:

n/a said...

i second this!