20 December 2006

Snowed Out.

***"It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees, they're putting up reindeer, and singing songs of joy and peace. I wish I had a river, I could skate away on." (Or maybe a plane, I could fly away on.)
About now I should be beginning my initial descent towards the Denver airport, but instead I'm sitting in my bed eating Hot Tamales and watching re-runs of Identity on Bravo. In situations like this, you can't really be mad at anybody, but I choose to curse mother nature. Why, oh why today, momma? Would it have killed you to open up the sky and dump on Denver...I don't know, say...on Christmas? Why can Denver never have a White Christmas? Why is it always a white 23rd and 75 degree Christmas? Now instead of a leisurely 9 days in Denver, my trip is cut in half and I'll only be spending 5. Oh well, I suppose there are worse things...I could've been one of the people stranded at the now food deprived Denver airport, or worse one of the people stuck on the runway in stopped plane for 6 hours. I guess if I look at it like that, lying in bed with delicious cinnamon candy and tv, doesn't seem so bad.
***Joni Mitchell

4 comments:

n/a said...

i was wondering if you were in the air...
glad u r safe with your tamales
xo

n/a said...

did you make it to denver??

Folayo said...

i did make it to and from denver...it was a very long journey there, but I got there and had christmas with the family inpsite of the storm.

Anonymous said...

you found me...
the question is how?!
i am impressed. although you are in my "cool peeps" section, huh, big pimpin'?
it was great seeing u too. i hope you're Marie Claire has come by now. holla back!