No details, because I don't feel like sharing, but I was up for a job at a production company and I heard back this afternoon that I didn't get it. As if that wasn't disappointing enough, especially given that this is the first job I've felt even a twinge of excitement towards since I don't know...my high school graduation; the phone conversation letting me down gently made it even worse.
We started off with a little small talk about the holiday, she told me how great she thought I was, how much she enjoyed meeting me, but how unfortunately they've decided to go with someone else. "Man, that sucks," I thought to myself as she continued to describe the person who was getting my job. She told me that the scab was a referral from one of the other producer's agent, and that though she really liked me they opted to go for somebody younger. Younger?!?!? Need I remind you biotches that I celebrated my 25th birthday a month ago...younger?
I'm still in the beginning of my career, how the hell can I already be over the hill?!?! I feel like my husband just left me for someone half my age, the only problem is I'm supposed to be the 25 year-old floozy! Younger....unbelievable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that sucks! im so sorry. if you are old then im... well...im real old!
darn this town!
Those employers are always pulling out excuses. It seems like the excuses are getting worse...
Forget them Folayo!!
Post a Comment