01 July 2007

We plan, God Laughs.

A month gone by.

So, where have you been? What have you seen? What have you done?
Oddly enough as my silence would make it seem, a good deal has happened over the last 30-some days. The road I was on at the beginning of my hiatus looks quite different than the one I am on now.
I had finally made a decision, I was going to school...a Master's program in screenwriting at Loyola Marymount University...a good plan. I enrolled in classes, I envisioned my return to academia, and all that remained was my financial aid package. Well, the package came but it certainly didn't contain a gift...$20,000 in loans, 12K of which were unsubsidized, and with that another plan derailed.
But wait...I also got into University of London...that could work. That's it, I'm moving to London. I'm going to be a starving Nigerian-American-English writer. I'll live in a flat near the Embassy Theater, work at a coffee shop or pub, and have a whirl wind romance with an English gent named Nigel. Perfect. Hehehe...do you hear the laughter? Don't worry, it's just Jesus. You're telling me this move is going to cost me how much? And that's in addition to the tuition, yeah? Well, I suppose London will always be there.
Back to search for the perfect job. I 've had more that my share of missteps, I guess. My resume is deep with experience. You might say that my focus is a bit lacking these days. I want to be a writer, I want to be an actress, I want to take pictures and play music, I want to dance, I don't want to sit in an office, I want to watch movies and read books, I want travel, I want time...the search continues, and for now I temp. Four and a half months here, one week there, one day at that place, two weeks at this place, a few promising interviews, a call-back from an old job, a chance for change...either way, at least this place is close enough to walk to.
- I can't help it the road just rolls out behind me. -

No comments: