28 August 2006
Canned Heat.
As has now become common practice, I took a walk during my lunch break today. I started out in Beverly Hills and just as I was entering into West Hollywood, Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat" came blasting through my MP3 player. I LOVE this song. From the moment it starts my body takes on a mind of it's own...my hips start shaking, my toes start tapping, my shoulders start rocking, and by the time I hit the chorus I am gliding down the street with my arms out. The song is dangerous...It causes a total loss of all sense of social propriety, and don't get me started on it's effect on working out on an eliptical machine. I was waving my hips from side to side, shuffling my feet, and then I did the unspeakable...a turn with my arms in the air. It was then that I noticed that I had developed an audience of about 6 cars waiting at a stop light; 2 of which were wildly applauding. I smiled, did a gracious bow, and kept on dancing down the street. I tried to maintain composure, but there's just no stopping the power of that song. So, if you happened to be cruising down Santa Monica Blvd around 130 today and thought you saw a girl having epileptic seizures down the street, fear not, it was just me experiencing a little "canned heat in my heals."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
im officially only going to drive on santa monica blvd from now on.
shake it!
That's my girl! It brings me back to our target days with the strange walks & dancing down the aisles! :o)
Post a Comment