17 August 2007

Blessed.

In spite of the fact that I woke up with a wicked charlie horse in my calf this morning, I felt genuinely happy as my eyes blinked open. I don't know why, but I woke up thinking about the people in my life and how lucky I was to have them. I don't have an enormous quantity of a friends, but what I do have are people who at one point were strangers and who now are as close to me as family. Some are new friendships; some have had 20 years to develop. Some I talk to daily, others weekly, some monthly, some fewer and further between, but regardless of how often we talk or see one another it's who they are and what they mean to mean that's important...it's what got me up with a smile on my face. I don't know...I guess I just felt pretty blessed when I woke up this morning.

No comments: