There is a woman at my office that doesn't like me. It's strange; she walks past me and glares. I say good morning, and she just glares and says good morning to the person behind me. I don't really understand it; we've never really talked, we don't interact much at work except for passing in the hallway or a few emails, but she is really unfriendly and I don't feel that I'm being overly sensitive in saying that it is blatantly directed at me. I'm not someone who thinks everyone should like me, or needs everyone to like me for that matter, but ordinarily there's some reason to not like me. I don't initially put people off...it takes time for that. First impressions are sort of my specialty. So, either I remind her of someone that she really doesn't like, or she's just an asshole.
It can be quite uncomfortable when the distaste for someone isn't mutual. I don't know her well enough to not like her, so instead I find myself overcompensating and smiling around her like a lunatic. It's quite exhausting. Anyway, this morning after another ignored greeting I walked back to my office and in front of me on my computer screen was a link to an article entitled, "How to Cope with the Jerk at Work." It was as if God had tapped me on the shoulder and said "Here you go." I read it, printed it, and tucked it away for the next time I need to refer to it. It's funny when things work out like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment