It is an incredible thing to find truly gifted musicians these days; Ingrid Michaelson, is a true find. I just got back from her concert at The Hotel Cafe in Hollywood, and I must say that I left totally blown away. For those of you...probably most of you...who are thinking, "Who da' heck is Ingrid Michaelson?" Please allow me to introduce you. She is a young, up & coming, talented, poignant lyricist with a voice that is both calming and beautiful, that lives with her mother in Staten Island, or more simply put...she's a f**king rock star. For you Grey's fans, her song "Keep Breathing" was featured at the end of last season's finale.
Tonight's show was an acoustic duo with just Ingrid, her back-up singer Allie, a guitar, and a piano. There was no smoke and mirrors, no gimmicks; it was simple, but it was awesome. You could tell that she felt what she was doing, and she loved it and in doing so, made you love her. in case you hadn't guessed it, I highly--highly--suggest familiarizing yourself with this girl. She sweet too, she even signed my CD...

No comments:
Post a Comment