25 July 2006

My new favorite phrase.

You've heard of the "metrosexual," and if you live in Los Angeles 80% of the males you encounter fall into the category. You know him, that incredibly primped man getting his eyebrows waxed next to you in the salon; the man who's bathroom looks more like a beauty supply store.

Well friends, a new phrase has been coined...a throw back to the masculine men of our past. What is this phrase, you ask? Why, it’s none other than "RETROSEXUAL."

According to msn.com, a "retrosexual" is defined as, "a manly man, an alpha male who may have the physique of a Shar-Pei dog (a little wrinkly and flabby, yet endearing), the manners of a 5-year-old (the kind who makes armpit farting noises at the dinner table), and the ability to pull you in for a hot, sweaty kiss and then go right out and fix your darn car."

Now, I don't know about you, but I'd trade in a manicured, fashionista for that any day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll totally hook you up with my straight roommate.. he's not that manly.. but he sweats and fixes things....

Folayo said...

in all honesty I prefer the retro-metro...a little less shar-pei :)