22 July 2006

Rent.


Last night I put on my good dress and dancing shoes and went out on a hot little date. My date was tall, smart, nice looking, a good conversationalist...I assume you've already figured out that I am obviously talking about myself.

The evening started off with a nice dinner at a little Mexican restaurant in West Hollywood. You may have heard of it, I believe the locals call it, "Taco Bell." The green bean burrito without onions was delightful, and at under $1 I must say, very affordable.

After dinner I headed to the beautiful Pantages Theater in the center of Hollywood to see RENT. I was like a kid at Christmas, finding my seat and eagerly awaiting the start of the show. As the audience hustled in, the doors shut, and the show began. Excitement passed over me with each new song...Rent...Glory...Light My Candle...Seasons of Love...and I was moved to tears during the I'll Cover You-Reprise.

As it came to an end the audience was on their feet, clapping and whistling for the show that has become a cultural icon. I grinned from ear to ear as I left the theater, singing the melodies to myself, happy that I decided to go even though I was solo.

At the end of the night, my date invited me in and I stayed the whole night. Let's just say, I got a great night of sleep...nice.

3 comments:

n/a said...

congrats on the hot date! my advice is take it slow... even if you think you know this person really well... just go slow.
:)

Folayo said...

too late, and wouldn't you know, I was totally ignored the next day...hahaha

Abi T. said...

i am SO jealous!!!